It sure is very difficult for mums to stay in shape, what with a horde of stuff we need to do day in day out. Sometimes, we are too busy taking care of our families and our children that we find it a struggle to set aside a portion of our time for relaxation and pampering. Chores keep piling up and online deadlines come one after another, that we find ourselves spinning like tops, finishing tasks upon tasks. I know, our numerous duties and responsibilities often leave us breathless that we almost always find ourselves running out of energy at the end of each day.
Working out and staying in shape is but one of the things we seldom find time for in the midst of our busy parenting life. I should know, as the number of hours I have worked out constantly diminished since I had my child and as he grows older, I find myself constantly seeking opportunities to hit my mat but to no avail. It sure is never easy but it is also quite comforting to know that in between chores, fetching our children to and from school and the numerous activities they have signed up for this summer and the assortment of other things we need to do, we can still find a smart way to lose weight, if we consciously aim for it and allot even a few minutes of our time each day for our weight loss pursuits.
Here are a few weight loss hacks even the busiest of mums will find easy enough to follow and practice on a daily basis:
- Choose to always be active ~ it might be easier said than done but in your daily activities always choose to be active. Opt to walk, if given the chance, and skip the lift as much as you can so you can take the stairs. If you have the opportunity, bike around the neighborhood or when you do errands nearby. The little ones are the perfect examples of active individuals, so it will prove beneficial to take their cue and be up on your feet as much as you can. Running around with your tots and playing with them will not only be a perfect way to bond with your children but also to keep fit.
- Incorporate work-out with your chores ~ fitness expert acknowledge the busy lives that mums these days lead, that is why they have also came out with work-out and exercise routine that mums can do right in the comfort of their own living room or while washing the dishes or cleaning the home. Nowadays, the world wide web is teeming with resources and articles on how you can perform easy-to-do exercises at home. This Wiki article on how to exercise is a perfect example. There is no need to enroll in expensive gym class or invest on pricey and complicated gym equipment, just turn on your laptop and follow the simple steps on how you can work out while doing the laundry or tending to your children.
- Make your smart phone a weight loss ally ~ make the most of your android or iOS phones and use them to work to your advantage. These days there is an assortment of weight loss and work out apps you can download to assist you in your weigh loss quest. You can also download one of those dieting and nutrition apps to aid you in deciding which food and meals can help you achieve your ideal weight without starving yourself.
- Do a clean sweep and rid your house of temptations ~ it is rather ironic that you’d feel the urge to pig out and eat stuff while you are on diet. To solve this dilemma, think ahead of yourself and clear your pantry of food items that you are not suppose to eat while you are struggling to lose weight. Get rid of those chips, cookies and biscuits, as well as of those sweet desserts that will only sway your resolve. Instead, fill your refrigerator with fresh fruits and juices, as well as healthier snack alternatives like nuts and chopped veggies.
- Always hydrate with water ~ colored drinks, like soda and iced tea, can really be quite tempting especially in this scorching heat when you want to feel refresh and fast. Unfortunately they also add up on pounds, no matter how good they taste. To be on the safe side, stash your drinking bottle with water at all times and always opt for H2O instead of its colored contemporaries.
images are from freedigitalphotos.net