Having your home remodeled can be incredibly exciting.
After all, what’s better than having the opportunity to mold your living space into the beautiful humble abode that you’ve been dreaming about for years?
Even with the challenges that come with home remodeling, especially that pesky money thing, there’s a lot to be excited about.
To make sure that your home remodel goes as planned, let’s take a look at a few things you should know before getting started.
1. Know What NOT to Do
A lot goes into even the smallest of remodeling projects. Because of this, there’s also a lot that can go wrong with these projects.
For this reason, it’s imperative that you understand what not to do when remodeling your home.
Some of the more obvious things that you’ll want to avoid include:
- DON’T hire a contractor just because they’re a friend or family member that needs work
- DON’T underestimate the cost issues of rehabbing your house
- DON’T do-it-yourself unless you know what you’re knowing
- DON’T underestimate the amount of time that it will take
- DON’T forget to think about local regulations and codes
By understanding what not to do, you’ll be much more prepared for how the project will play out.
And, as with anything, preparation is the key to making it all work. [Read more…]