SkinWhite, the leading and pioneer skin whitening brand in the country, aims to inspire young Filipinas and give them the tools they need to improve themselves both inside and out. In line with this, they have recently launched the #BetterMe campaign and scouted for the prettiest and most inspiring girls to complete the roster of the second batch of their Captivate Council. Among the 500 aspiring teens, 25 girls were handpicked for their school accomplishments, as well as their ability to inspire others with their confident attitude.
The Captivate Council
The #BetterMe Campaign will run for 4 months and throughout this period the members of the Captivate Council will have once-in-a-lifetime experiences, including magazine features, multi-media exposures, and a lot of other fun events, including outreach activities, fitness parties, and the #BetterMe Ball. Members will also be treated to fashion and beauty makeover, teaching them to enhance their individual assets and body type. Each of these activities aims to make the members of the SkinWhite’s Captivate Council to lead by example, thereby, inspiring more women. The campaign also want to impart a very important message that it’s not just about looking good on the outside, but feeling good and doing good, too!
The #BetterMe Campaign aims to empower the teens and remind them of what truly matters. It also aims to inspire them to develop their inner confidence, allowing them to be kinder to themselves and to others.
5 Tips On How We Can All Be Better Versions of Ourselves
I doff my hats to the people behind SkinWhite for coming up with such an inspiring, empowering campaign. We live in a streamlined society in this day and age, and there is just too many reasons to feel unhappy, inadequate, and left out, that it is all the more important and compelling to teach the young ones to aim to be better versions of themselves instead of keeping up with the Joneses.
Here are a few tips on how you can be a better version of yourself from the inside out:
- Always Choose To Be Happy ~ yes, happiness is a personal decision. It is a choice we have to consciously make every single day. When there is just too many reasons to feel down and be lonely, always think of more reasons why you ought to be happy.
- Ramdom Acts Of Kindness ~ nothing beats kindness in making you feel good about yourself. Extending kindness to others, especially to those who do not deserve it and those who need it the most will definitely make you a better version of you. By kindness, I do not mean donating a big chunk of money to your chosen charity or similar actions, it can be as simple as a genuine smile to your seatmate in the train who does not seem to be having a good day or probably giving your seat on the bus to an elderly.
- Do Something Each Day That Makes You Happy ~ as I have mentioned happiness is a choice we need to make daily, and nothing will keep you happier than doing something that gives you happiness on a regular basis. No, you do not have to spend too much to do something like this, as it can be as simple as having a relaxing pedicure/foot spa session at home, watching the butterflies, taking those lovely afternoon walks with your kiddos or your friends, or jotting down on your journal.
- Always Learn Something New ~ life is a continuous lesson and the most fool-proof way to be a better version of yourself is to learn something new regularly. It can be a new skill like cooking or calligraphy, or Krav Maga, perhaps, or it can also be as simple as learning a new song or memorizing a favorite poem. We feel good about ourselves if we continue learning, creating and using our hands for creative pursuits.
- Take Good Care Of Yourself ~ it is a must that we take good care of ourselves, too. We can do this by doing regular exercise or meditation, living a well-balanced life or keeping a good eating habit. Going for those occasional pampering treats like saunas and massages will also prove to be very beneficial. At the same time, using products that help us feel good and look better is also important.