Don’t you just love those blogs who post different themes for different days of the week? I have planned to do that here, too, but sadly I have yet to realize it, what with all of the things this stay-at-home mum needs to do.
But today is an entirely different story. I thought today ought to be the best time to start doing that here in my little corner of the world wide web just because Wednesday is my favorite day of the week, and since I chanced upon this very inspiring piece while I was doing my rounds of blog hopping, and since I have put off the plan for a very long time now. So here goes the very first post for my Mum Inspires theme where I will share with you interesting and inspiring bits I stumble upon in my day-to-day exploration of the internet. I hope you enjoy this and may you be inspired, too! Happy Wednesday to you all!
- Play a sport. It will teach you how to win honorably, lose gracefully, respect authority, work with others, manage your time and stay out of trouble. And maybe even throw or catch.
- You will set the tone for the sexual relationship, so don’t take something away from her that you can’t give back.
- Use careful aim when you pee. Somebody’s got to clean that up, you know.
- Save money when you’re young because you’re going to need it someday.
- Allow me to introduce you to the dishwasher, oven, washing machine, iron, vacuum, mop and broom. Now please go use them.
- Pray and be a spiritual leader.
- Don’t ever be a bully and don’t ever start a fight, but if some idiot clocks you, please defend yourself.
- Your knowledge and education is something that nobody can take away from you.
- Treat women kindly. Forever is a long time to live alone and it’s even longer to live with somebody who hates your guts.
- Take pride in your appearance.
- Be strong and tender at the same time.
- A woman can do everything that you can do. This includes her having a successful career and you changing diapers at 3 A.M. Mutual respect is the key to a good relationship.
- “Yes ma’am” and “yes sir” still go a long way.
- The reason that they’re called “private parts” is because they’re “private”. Please do not scratch them in public.
- Peer pressure is a scary thing. Be a good leader and others will follow.
- Bringing her flowers for no reason is always a good idea.
- It is better to be kind than to be right.
- A sense of humor goes a long way in the healing process.
- Please choose your spouse wisely.
- Remember to call your mother because I might be missing you.
image from freedigitalphotos.net