The Christmas season may very well be the most stressful season of all. With the flurry of holiday-related activities, not to mention the crowd milling about everywhere you may be, and the horrendous traffic everywhere, it was so much easier to feel the stress, the pressure, and the toil it takes on a person’s over all well-being.
We are now fully aware of how stress relates to those annoying breakouts, and ultimately, to acne. The increased levels of stress stimulate our body’s production of various hormones as well as triggers different changes in the skin. On occasions, it causes the skin oils to be more viscous making one more prone to acne. In the same manner, stress also reduces the body’s natural immune defense as well the skin’s ability to fight off bacteria build-up, which causes more breakouts.
Ironically, the holiday season is also the time you have to look your best, what with all the parties and gatherings you have to attend, and imagine all the photo ops that come with those! You have to stay looking fresh in everyone of those photos, right, and you do not want to end up being the most-harassed looking gal in your family photo neither you want to end up being the oldest-looking classmate in your latest group picture with your high school friends and classmates. That is why it is a must that you stay stress-free and acne-free this merriest season of all.
Now, it might be a tad difficult maintaining that fresh glow and that picture-perfect complexion if you are trying to finish your holiday shopping while struggling to get to work on time and attend every Christmas party invite that comes your way. But here are a few tips you might want to consider to stay stress-free and acne-free this holiday season:
- Drink lots of water ~ not only will it aid in easy digestion but drinking plenty of water each day will also help keep the skin well-hydrated as you go about the gazillion of tasks you have to finish this holiday.
- Eat healthy ~ eat up those greens and make sure your diet includes a generous amount of vegetables, proteins and whole grains to make you feel and look your optimal best. Some studies also show connections between a younger looking skin and a diet with good amount of Vitamin C.
- Use sunscreen ~ if you will be exposed to the sun for a considerable number of hours, it is ideal to us sunscreen with at least SPF 15 to protect your skin from harmful rays that promotes skin ageing.
- Moisturize often ~ the cold weather can be a little harsh on the skin so make sure to moisturize as much as you can to keep it soft, supple, and fresh-looking
- Manage your stress ~ take time to manage your stress before it becomes worse and lead to unsightly outbreak or acne. Cut back on some items on your to-do list to get the break and the rest that you need and if you can get ample amount of sleep each day. Your skin will thank you for it, plus am sure you will enjoy the extra time spend with your bed and pillows.
- Use Proactiv Solution Combination Therapy to prevent acne ~ use the Proactiv Combination Therapy System to prevent future breakouts. This 3-Step System works together to cleanse the skin, fight the blemishes, help stop new one from forming, and gently heal damaged skin.
The Proactiv Combination Therapy in a nutshell