If my mum were around I’d bring her to blogging events + I know she would dig the idea, she loved to be always on her toes, see! It would’ve been convenient to have an available companion to go with me + my son wherever we like, plus it would mean loads + loads of bonding time for me + my mum + my son. Just perfect…wishful thinking..haist!
Anyway, this Mother’s Day, much like the past ones, we will be celebrating with a visit to my parent’s graves + laying flowers for my Mama. I guess, even if she is no longer around, there is no reason for us to stop celebrating, she will be with us in spirit anyway + there is simply no way you’d stop thanking + celebrating the person who brought you out into the world, nurture you all your life + gave her self selflessly to you + your family. The only downside is we have limited ways of celebrating it, now that our mum has passed on (+ is probably partying with our pops, + Jesus + his saints + blessed Pope John Paul II!).
I can just imagine the numerous fun stuff we can do, if she were still around. I’d probably bring her to the salon + we will have our hair + nails done (we never get to do that when she was alive, Mama is not that kikay, see + neither am I) + have a foot spa, or we can have a massage, or we can watch a film together (maybe we can check out that latest one from Aga + Angel Locsin) or we can probably eat out, I’d love to bring her to Buddies + have her sample their pancit habhab (a noodle dish, which is a specialty of Quezon province), my favorite! Mama loves pancit, too Or we can go to a picnic together with my siblings + the grandchildren, I bet it would’ve been fun + something we’d all look back in a few year’s time.
Thoughts about the could’ve beens are traversing in my mind, but I simply refuse to let that bring me down. Even if Mama is no longer with us physically, I know that she always looks down on us from heaven + is keeping watch of my son. That thought always cheers me up
So, to all those whose mothers are still around this is your chance to show your mum just how much you appreciate them, make use of it + savor the moments.
Here are some fun ideas on how to celebrate this year’s Mother’s Day:
1. If you’re a blogger, one fun way of honoring your mum is writing a tribute about your mother on your blog. While you’re at it, you may also want to check out sis Sigrid’s Remembering Mama Contest, where you can also get a chance to win a prize. Better yet, you can create a separate account for your mum + have her start her own blog
2. Create DIY gifts for your mums, I know they will totally like ’em. I’ve written about some samples here.
3. Send your mum a card, I used to do this when I was little. If you are creative, you can make one yourself or if you are keen on writing, maybe you can compose a poem for her + write about how thankful you are for having her as a mum. I know mum’s heart will melt with this one.
4. Make Mother’s Day vouchers for your mum on this special day, with a note saying she can claim the items written there anytime she wants with no expiration Your voucher can be as extravagant as a fine dining experience for 2, or a mum’s day off, which can include mum being free of household chores for one entire day with a GC to her favorite spa, or it can also be as simple yet touching as an unlimited kisses + hugs for today. The scope of your vouchers depends on your creativity!
5. Surprise her with a gift of something you know she’s been really wanting to have for herself, like a watch, a pair of trainers, a set of matryoshka dolls, or anything you know she’ll definitely love. Or if you are on a tight budget, you can plan a surprise picnic in the nearby park with you preparing all the food + planning about the event.
6. If you’re mum’s into yoga, maybe you can spend an entire yoga session with her for some mum-daughter bonding time.
Just be creative + think of the stuffs that interest your mum the most. Am sure she will appreciate it very much + she will have a blast celebrating this Mother’s Day
L0ve + Light,