Every year I look forward to my birthdays (well, who doesn’t, really?) + there simply is no need for grand celebrations or lavish gifts, just the thought of being given another year to enjoy life here on Earth is more than a reason enough to celebrate + be thankful.
I guess the best birthdays I have ever had are the ones I celebrated with my parents around. Not because these are grand celebration ’cause normally my Mama would just cook her specialty + my favorite, spaghetti (which happens to be soooo delicious, if you ask me, the best!) if I get lucky + we would just stay at home all day, doing practically nothing! Nothing really fancy, but I guess those simple pleasures are worth a ton of treasure, especially now that I can no longer spend my birthday with them (well, the ones spent visiting their graves aren’t really counted, right? :()
I also enjoyed that one birthday when my officemates threw a surprise party for me. I was genuinely surprised + was touched by the gesture + the thought.
Now that my son is around, instead of dwelling on the happy memories that bring mixed emotions, I plan to create new happy + unforgettable experiences with Jared + no, not with expensive presents but little, random, unexpected moments that creates lasting memories.
Now it is your turn to share your best birthday celebration ever here.
Mommy Mitch is having a post blog anniversary celebration + is giving awaythose Mary Kay items to lucky winners!
Here’s how you qualify for the raffle:
- Subscribe to her feeds
- Like her Fanpages on Facebook
- Follow her on Twitter
- Follow her on Google Friend Connect
- Make a blog post about here giveaway
As simple as that! Now click on the giveaway page for more details + start joining, now! 😀
Good luck everyone!
How do you get your child to sleep/take nap during the day?
Gone are the days when Jared would simply fall asleep after bathtime + after finishing a bottle filled with his favorite concoction, his milk! I miss those days when he’d automatically dose off after handing me his empty bottle, right after I have finished putting on his diapers and his fresh, clean clothes for the day. It used to be our routine for quite sometime + something that I totally enjoyed!
Nowadays, he’d find a gazillion distractions to keep him from taking his noontime nap. Here are a few that he has tried so far in his attempt to thwart the sleeping fairy from carrying him to dreamland:
- He would ask me, or anyone inside the room, to bring him outside. Jared loves the outdoor and would jump at any chance to be out even if it is his naptime.
- He’d motioned for his toys so I won’t have no choice but to give in + hand him the toy that he requested. The usual requests include his toy cars + his blocks.
- He would ask to play with my pens, which are his current plaything. He would adeptly remove the caps + put them back on. He would also poke holes into his playpen or scribble on anything he fancies with his pen + that includes mum’s big thighs, too! 😉
- He’d throw a fit, you’d give in to anything just so he would stop! Yes, he has quite a peculiar way of convincing people to give in to his requests.
Oftentimes, we’d argue ’cause he simply won’t fall asleep, but the trick really is to simply lie down beside him + sleep beside him, that way he’d have the soundest + the longest naptime.
Just last Saturday, he was his usual boisterous self + refuses to take a nap as usual you’d think he wasn’t sleepy in anyway. What I did is carry him to bed + lie beside him, a few minutes after my little angel is sleeping soundly. I guess nothing beats the familiar warmth + feel of mum beside him to make him fall asleep faster. Such sweet gesture really, it reduced me to tears….