I must admit 2011 got me spinning like a top + I hardly have enough time to take a breather, much less go out for some well-deserved me-time or relax + hang my feet for a while. My little man is really quite a handful + looking after him, while squeezing all the household chores + occasional online tasks in between, I hardly have enough time for anything else. Child-minding requires full attention + I actually wait until the little man is off to snooze land before I begin other home chores or tinker online upstairs.
It was actually tiring to say the least + what do you know, I am only human disguised as a wonder mum after all. So, to be kinder to myself this year, I vow to make extra time for me, myself + I! I know it might sound selfish, but it will actually benefit my loved ones more whenever I get to spend sometime alone. I become more productive, raring to serve + be with them some more, + yeah, I must admit, I become less cranky, too!
For this year, I plan to reserve some activities for myself that I know I will absolutely enjoy. Here’s what I’ve got in mind:
- a trip to the salon, for some pampering. My feet are in dire need of a pedicure + my hair’s been dying to have a trim + I would love to give it one this month. While planning it, I might as well check out those sienna X hair products that might be locally available. Who knows, they could probably work wonders for my otherwise dull + lifeless hair
- read a book. I have always been a voracious reader, but, like most of my passion in life, they had to take a back seat when the little man was born. So, this year, I plan to read one book each month + I have one ready for January, “Eat, Pray, Love” by Elizabeth Gilbert. I will write about it as soon as I finished reading
- occasional meet up with friends. Depending on who’s available, I’d love to have regular meet ups with my friends. It will be a perfect breather from the mothering grind + I really am dying to hear from them
- organizing my photos. I don’t know about you, but scrapbooking is something that I really enjoy + I have a ginormous pile of photos waiting to be organized. This year I plan to have all of the photos printed + pasted on individual albums
- focus on postcrossing. Getting surprises from the mail is my absolute favorite + this year I plan to build up my collection of postcards, specifically map cards, from all over the globe. I need to get a new notebook to serve as a record of all my swap + mailing activities, a bigger one this time
So, what are your plans for your pocket-me-time this year?
image not mine