I am loving my gorgeous Google+ widget now! Won’t you agree? 🙂 A couple of weeks back I just had this big red logo directing to my Google+ Page. + I was only admiring the cool G+ widget on other blogs I visit. It was therefore quite serendipitous that I stumbled upon this very easy tutorial on how to make a Google+ badge + as the post promised, it was indeed very easy, I had my shiny new badge in a few minutes.
So, how did I made this badge? Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to widgetsplus.com
- Click on the big blue “Get Widget” button to start
- The “Settings” tab will appear
- Go to your Google+ Page to get your Google+ ID, which are the series of numbers in the last part of your Google+ url. For example, in my url, https://plus.google.com/b/101732456576352823097/, the series of numbers in bold is my ID.
- Enter those numbers in the appropriate box
- The “Get Widget” button will be replaced by an orange “Get Code,” simply highlight the code + paste it to wherever you want your badge to be + you are all set!
- You can also edit your badge by toggling in between the different tabs in the “Settings” part. If you want to alter the size or the font in your badge, for instance, go to “Basic Settings” or if you’d like to change the “Add me on” title, go to the “Title” tab, instead.