The image you create in your various online accounts can very well be the same impression you will create to colleagues, would-be business associates or employers + the likes, that is why it is best to guard your online reputation, much like you guard your actual one, at all times. This not only applies to those who plan to have full-time or part-time online works, or those who are contemplating on putting up their own online shops anytime soon, this is applicable to every Jack + Jill who spends numerous hours updating their Facebook status, their Twitter pages or their blogs.
Here are a few tips to bear in mind while navigating the tricky world of social media networking:
- Have you heard of the campaign, “Think Before You Click?” make this your daily mantra as you go online + you will never go wrong
- Never, + I mean never, post anything negative or derogatory about your place of work. This is not only unethical but can also put you in hot water with your superiors, or worse, jobless.
- In the same manner, never post anything negative about another person, especially if you do not know them personally. For friends, you can always chat to solve a dispute, no need to air your dirty linens in public, right? 🙂
- Do not post photos, especially of your children, that will put you in a bad light. A naked photo of your child may be cute now, but think about the time when he goes to College + everyone in his University has access to his toddler nude pic. I don’t think he will like you for this!
- Do not make your blog a personal ranting page. Am sure your readers will appreciate you more for it, besides there are plenty of wonderful things to write about other than your dismal experience with a restaurant or an establishment. An objective review of the place will prove beneficial, but try not to be too emotional in writing your post, right?
Those sound pretty basic + easy enough, right? But if you are a professional who seeks to establish an impeccable personal branding online, you can always try reputation.com. They provide invaluable services to help you build that squeaky-clean online image for you + your business. Call them for a free quote or consultation, you can also reach them through chat or via e-mail. Hire them to help you in owning your online identity, tracking your popularity + monitoring your reputation, even while you sleep! Their site is easy-enough to navigate + you can practically see everything you might need in the landing page. You might want to check out interesting products like MyPrivacy, ReputationDefender + MyReputation. What’s even more interesting is that they offer a money-back guarantee for 90 days!
image is not mine