Whether we are at home or in office, our eyes, one of the most sensitive organs of the body, need utmost protection from harmful factors present in the environment.
Dust, wind, sunlight—even the air-conditioning in the office—can be detrimental to the health of our eyes. As much as possible, maintain good eye health by ensuring that our eyes are nourished and protected so that they can function properly and won’t bring any problems (aside from making us beautiful, of course).
Some useful tips to protect our eyes, our window to the world, are therefore in order.
- “Re-wetting” – Working long hours in the office can take its toll on our eyes, especially if our area is quite cold because of air-conditioning. Exposure to such environment for long periods of time would make our eyes dry and lose its natural lubrication quickly. This natural lubricant or wetness is vital for them to function properly, aside from keeping dirt away whenever dust particles enter our eyes. Re-wetting our eyes using eye drops can do the trick. If not, trying blinking for a few moments to lubricate the eyes.
- Rest – Rest our eyes as long as we can during a short break whether doing office work or household chores. Closing our eyes for a few minutes can do wonders in reducing eye strain, headaches or fatigue. After resting, wash the eyes with cold water to relax it, or you can look at something “green” to rest the eyes. Speaking of eye strain, we will have less of this issue if we use an LCD (liquid crystal display) monitor instead of the bulky, flickering cathode-ray tube (CRT) type, especially if we spend long hours in front of the computer. Just don’t forget to look away from the screen (even if it’s LCD) from time to time to rest our eyes.
- Regular eye check-up – This may sound cliché but still effective—“an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.” To prevent eye problems in the future or to treat it if indeed there are problems, it’s best to have annual regular visits to the ophthalmologist. For those who use glasses, have it checked regularly as well to ensure that it is of the correct prescription.
- Clean, clean, clean – Maintaining cleanliness is emphasized further when it comes to the eyes. Eye infection usually starts with dirty hands or fingers or even the nails, more importantly for those who rub their eyes. Try to avoid rubbing the eyes as much as possible, if not, use a clean handkerchief or any soft type of cloth to protect the eyes.
- Diet – A well-balanced diet comprising of fruits and vegetables is recommended. Food rich in Vitamins A, C and E, carrots bursting with beta carotene, or even fish that is high in Omega 3 are highly recommended. In addition, berries, cherries or pomegranates contain powerful antioxidants and bioflavonoids to help strengthen the small blood vessels that supply the eyes with oxygen and other nutrients.
But of course, these are just simple ideas to keep our eyes healthy. Another healthy regimen that can be considered is the consumption of oral supplements that can complement the above-mentioned suggestions to help achieve overall eye health.
When it comes to oral health supplements, top of mind consideration is BRAND’S® InnerShine® Berry Essence made by BRAND’S®, a leader in health and wellness over the last 170 years. It is a delicious, fruit-based, ready-to-drink essence with vital nutrients and powerful antioxidants. With seven types of berries like acai berry, bilberry, blackcurrant, chokeberry, cranberry, elderberry and strawberry, they combined to form a “super berry” blend, providing nourishment and protection to the eyes by simply drinking one chilled bottle a day.
BRAND’S® InnerShine® Berry Essence is also fortified with Vitamins A, C, E, and zinc. It contains no added artificial colorings or preservatives.
It is available at Watsons, Landmark supermarkets, and Mercury Drug stores in the Greater Manila area at an SRP of P85 per bottle.
Our eyes deserve the special care it needs in order for us to see life and appreciate all that it offers—and trust BRAND’S® InnerShine® Berry Essence to give us healthy and beautiful eyes.