Recently a well-known South Korean parental monitoring and control spyware for Android phones has been pulled off the market on request of the government due to concerns over information leakage and data security issues. The app known as Smart Sheriff had initially been made a mandatory app by the South Korean government on Android Smartphones sold to kids under 18 years of age. But amidst fears that it has flawed and weak security and the risk of leakage of personal data of several hundred thousand minors; the government has asked for it to be taken down.
This is not the first time such an incident has happened, previously a similarly flawed app with weak security called mSpy had the information of their clients hacked and it was leaked on the Internet available for people to see.There was a lot of commotion initially but nothing happened; the company is still operating and people are oblivious to the fact that their personal information is available on the Internet including credit card numbers and smartphone usage profiles.
Solution and Ideal Example:
Looking at this, it brings to question what should a parent do? Parents should first of all do a thorough background check of the app they are planning on buying. They should make sure that the spyware for Android phones that they are going to use has no negative reviews in the news. Next, they should make sure that the app company has high encryption and security measures implemented to avoid the kind of aforementioned scenarios. It might be a little time consuming, but it will pay off in the long run.
We did our own little homework to find an app that had extensive security and no perceivable weakness in its data security; the app is called Xnspy. We also chose this for another reason this app although is well-known it is still the underdog meaning it does not fall on the radar of the hackers as did the others. It has all the features that one would want or expect from an Android tracking and monitoring app, but with no security flaws or weaknesses. It is reasonably priced and gives multiple options to the customer; the customer can pay according to the functionality they require. If they require basic tracking and monitoring features they will be charged less otherwise they can pay more for the advanced features. We will be mentioning xnspy’s features and functionalities below and the customer can judge for themselves what makes this app an excellent spyware for Android phones.
- Call Logs: The app allows users to view all call records along with allowing them to listen to the calls and know the location where the call took place.
- Text Messages: Customers can view and read all text messages from SMS, IM Chats, and Emails.
- Location History and Geofencing: Customers can see where the Android device has been and can set up a virtual fence that will notify them should the device enter or leave the predefined area.
- Watchlists: The user can setupwatchlists for specific words. Contacts and as mentioned earlier places. Whenever a certain word occurs in a message they user is notified, the same way whenever a watchlisted contact communicates with the device user the xnspy user is notified.
- Security Failsafe: The app user can remotely lock or even delete all date from the Android device in a worst case scenario such as in the loss or theft of the device.
The points mentioned above are just some of the features for the list of functionalities and more information please visit their site here.