It was never easy being a mum. Almost often we are too busy taking care of other people that we end up with little or no time for ourselves. This cycle has to stop, and, difficult it may sound, we ought to carve out some time alone so we can recharge and be up on our toes to perform our many different functions. Also, being busy is never an excuse to sacrifice our fashion sense and our personal style. After all, we still need to look our best while we juggle being a loving partner, a nurturing mum, and while pursuing our many different passions.
Check out these these life-saver fashion tips for mums so you won’t have to sacrifice your fashion style even when you are a busy mum:
- Jazz up your wardrobe ~ Spruce up your wardrobe by adding a variety of colors into your regular fare of whites, black, and gray. Do not be intimidated by daring or bold colors and try to add tops and dresses in shades of red, canary and aquamarine to your wardrobe. This fresh change will not only make you look good but also make you feel good about yourself.
- Shoes speak volumes about your personality ~ Now what most of you ignore the most in your attire is a classy pair of shoes. However, your shoes define your personality and reveal the message that your attire and little details matter to you greatly. If you feel that after becoming a mum you have lost the stylish spark in you, then it is time to revitalize things by going for those nude pumps to get that chic look.
- Gather the passion to spend on accessories ~ The accessories are always a woman’s weakness so things should not change even when you become a mum. Life should never lose its color and excitement for you. There is no better way to keep the spirit alive by getting statement bags and jewellery. You might have to do a bit of research to keep up with the latest trend, but you can easily do that by visiting glimpse over magazines and popular fashion blogs. This will not only help you discover the charm those skinny belts hold, but will also keep you up-to-date with budget finds and great bargains on jewellery.
- Hairstyle matters ~ Of course, a hairstyle can make or break your over-all look. If you have been meaning to cut your hair short, then today is the best time to do it! You can also be adventurous and experiment on different hair color that will fit your personality. If you are a very simple mum like me, who is in forever ponytail, pinning your hair with bobby pins can give you a fresh and stylish look, too.
- Intelligent shopping for cosmetics ~ It is pretty understandable that a busy mum does not have the time to do extensive makeup. Honestly speaking you even forget the art once you become a mum because you have so many other things to do. Well, the smart approach is to go with pink or red lip color because it assists you in getting away with minimal eye make-up as well. Or, if you are so much like me who cannot apply a decent make-up to save her life, it is best to invest on the basics, including lipsticks, cheek tint, and face powder.
| My Style | Don’t know much about style, but mine’s basically whatever’s simple + comfortable. And, almost always, you’ll see me clad in these uber comfy pair of trainers, my most favorite? pair thus far. #fms_mystyle #fmsphotoaday #fmspad #shoefie #shoes #kicks #mumsnaps #outandabout #mumfashion #mumstyle
Remember to not let your life priorities kill your inner self. Every day madness should be a motivation for you to be at your best and to look your best at all times. Life of a busy mum might be tough, but know that you are tougher. Try out one of these tips and tricks and be ready for compliments from your family and peers. And if that pep talk is not enough, head on to www.ponbee.com for more inspirational quotes about everything in life.
:camera: first image via Pixabay