My simple goal to share my adventures and mis-adventures as a mum has turned out to be so much more. I have been a mum blogger for more than a decade now. Over the years, my blogging journey has been very fruitful and rewarding. It may have taken the back burner when I got busy looking after my school-aged little man, or doing freelance writing work, or since I landed a full-time position last year. It has continued to be a source of joy and fulfillment for me.
Having said that, I have listed 5 top reasons why I simply love blogging:
Chasing my passion
Blogging has allowed me to chase my passion ~ writing. It was Jared’s dad who suggested I give it a try because he knows that I absolutely love to write. I was also looking for ways to earn while I stay at home to care for my little man. It is rather timely that monetizing blogs has just become a trend. I made my very first blog on Blogspot. There, I shared anecdotes of our day-to-day lives, baby products that I have discovered, along with my personal musings.
Through my blog, I managed to chronicle my son’s childhood and re-discover my love for writing. I would spent hours upon hours drafting and writing posts, excited to publish them on the blog afterwards. I was also given the opportunity to write about topics and causes that are very close to my heart.
Sharing my blessings
In the past years, I’d always have a simple giveaway to celebrate my blog anniversary, but since the pandemic has made it difficult to ship prizes to the winners, I was unable to push through with my plans. But I have joined a group giveaway with my other mum blogger friends last year and it was such a big hit. Pooling our resources so we can provide one lucky mum with a laptop for her child’s online schooling is definitely most rewarding!
Indeed, my blog has also been a platform to share my blessings with my followers and supporters. Whether I share items I received from brands, or gifts and GCs, or of late, cash, it simply warms the heart that I am able to share in my own little way and to know that people appreciates it is truly very humbling.
Look who just got a beautiful makeover! :inlove:
I know my previous theme was pretty, but it was also old and so obsolete, it is in dire need of a replacement. That is why I am really stoked when I finally had my theme done and transformed into this simple yet classy and elegant design. I am totally loving the new calligraphy-ish header and I love the simple and clean layout, as well as the lovely colors.
I have been meaning to have my blog design done but I was still saving up some precious $$ to make it possible. I have also wanted one done by no less than awesome designer Kaye of Squeesome Design Studio but, alas, I cannot afford it! That is why when I found out she was offering discount to fellow Bulacan bloggers, I did not think twice in grabbing the opportunity. It was also good that I finally had enough moolah in my Paypal account at the time! 😀
Apart from making these oh-so-gorgeous blog themes, Kaye is so easy to talk to. After checking the mood board I created for my would-be theme, she has this beautiful theme done in less than a week and installed in a day or two! Yes, that fast! She even made me a matching Facebook Page cover as well as a watermark for my photos.
I am a 100% satisfied customer and I highly recommend that you check out Squeesome Design Studio now if you are also planning to have a theme done for your blog. In the meantime, allow me to marvel at my elegant blog theme while reading about zoom video recorder. I sure hope my new blog design inspires me to work on my backlogs and share more tales here in these pages. 😀
Ms. Janet Toral’s Top 10 Influential Blogs 2011 writing project is on it’s 5th year run. It seeks to identify emerging + new blogs that are making waves to its readers + followers this year.
It would probably be every bloggers dream to be tagged as influential, after all bloggers has the means to reach out to so many people through their blogs + somehow, influence them in more ways than I can ever imagine.
For this year, these blogs top my list:
- My Green Living Ideas – I guess the name speaks for itself + as an advocate of green living, this blog is a shoe-in. It offers loads of information on eco-friendly products + tips on how to start living a green life.
- Mom Writes – This blog aims to chronicle one mum’s happy thoughts + happy memories in the midst of one too many sad + stressful experiences. I guess, we can all use a little amount of happiness in our lives.
- LEVYousa – this is one happy blog, and yes, you are right, you’ve heard the term before, Harry Potter book 1, remember? I guess this is the authors unique way of channeling her inner Potter! I simply love her message: Live life to the fullest!
- The Bloggers Journal – for a struggling new blogger like myself, this blog is a goldmine. It shares a lot of helpful tips about blogging + I am definitely learning a lot from the posts. I subscribed to its feeds, by the way, so I’ll be updated of here every posts
- Mommy Survival Guide – best for first time mums like me, it is chock full of tips + information on how to survive this one mean jungle called motherhood.
- The Tottering Mama – I first stumble upon this blog in one of the mommy memes i used to regularly join. With the way she weaves her posts and shares her story, you’d hardly believe she’s a newbie blogger
- Notepad Corner – I simply love this site for the insights + the helpful tips from someone who’ve “been-there-done-that”
- The Pepperrific Life – A single mum’s tale + her blog is filled with tips on how to deal with such situation.
- Certified Foodies – What can I say, I simply love food + I look forward to every mouth-watering post from this site.
- My Painted Lips – I am not really into cosmetics + all that, but one look at this blog + you’ll agree why it made it to my list 🙂
List down your Top 10 emerging influential blogs for this year + ge t a chance to win $100!
This writing project will not be possible without the support of sponsors such as Cyber Monday Deals, TRIbeca Private Residences, How To Videos, Palawan Beaches for Sale,Green and Natural Lubes Philippines, Philippine data center, Philippine online shopping, Singapore Jobs, Pinoy Party Food, Apartment for rent, and Best deals tips.